Luxilon Medical manufactures specialty yarns that meet requirements for multiple types of medical devices.
However note that Luxiilon Medical only produces a semi-finished product: the yarn. It does not produce a medical device.
We have ISO 14385 and can produce in a Class 8 clean room from Q2/2017.
The yarns suitable for medical use are divided in 5 categories depending on product type and application:
- Sterilux: monofilament yarns for surgical sutures
- Sterimed: monofilament yarns for textile based implants, like e.g. surgical mesh for hernia repair.
- Multimed: multifilament yarns for a wide range of textile based implants, like e.g. cardio-vascular prosthesis, braided sutures, etc.
- Biomed: a range of yarns made from biodegradable polymers like PLLA, PCL,,…
- ThermoformLXN: thermoformable yarn for orthesis in cooperation with Orfit Industries NV
- Luxicool: cooling yarn for sport and medical applications (bandages, burns, ….)
- Radio-opaque yarns: make your yarn visible under RX
- Radiation resistant PP: a PP yarn more resistant to radiation